The following list is a list of awards and recognitions presented to Karen Storek and/or her organization for her outstanding dedication to making this world a better place for children everywhere.
- 2001 Ms. Karen Storek received a Giraffe Project Award for “sticking her neck out for the common good”. Click here for more information
- 1998 New Parents Network was nominated for an international Sertoma Award.
- 1992 New Parents Network was nominated by U.S. Robotics for a Computerworld Smithsonian award for NPN's "heroic achievement and visionary use of information technology for the betterment of mankind" for the creation of the New Parents Network Computer Bulletin Board System (BBS).
- 1991 New Parents Network introduced the power of telecommunications and kiosk technologies to millions of people through news coverage by The New York Times, USA Today, U.S. News and World Report, Popular Science, the Wall Street Journal, Good Morning America, PBS radio and television, and all Tucson, Arizona newspapers and television.
- 1991 New Parents Network established the nation's first Computer Bulletin Board System (BBS) dedicated to gathering and disseminating parenting information.